Healthy breakfast option – Smoothie
- 1 cup low sugar orange juice (or almond milk or really any juice you like!)
- 1 banana, peeled- 1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, mangoes, raspberries, pineapple…)
- 1/2 cup non-fat vegan yogurt
- 2-3 tsp Chia seeds *
- handful of baby spinach
* Chia seeds have become widely available now. You can find them in most grocery stores (natural foods, supplement or even baking sections), natural foods stores or you can order them online.
1. Put the orange juice in your blender. Add all the other ingredients. Blend REALLY well.
Meg grew up in and when she wasn’t busy pretending to be a mom, she was in the kitchen learning family recipes. She won over her husband, Alan, whom she met her freshman year at Stanford, with some very fancy home cooked meals. After working in finance and strategy for Gap and NBC-Universal, Meg returned to Stanford where she earned her MBA. Now with three kids of her own (Avery, 5; Brooks, 4 and Ryder 1), Meg’s husband doesn’t see too many of those fancy meals. But her kids eat very well! She believes good food is all it takes to make a friend, and she is grateful for all the friends she has made through her videos. You can find more of her stories on www.youtube.com/whatsupmoms
This article appears in ISSUE 32 of Healthy Juicing Magazine.
Subscribe and don’t miss any information like this in future https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/healthy-juicing-magazine/id569295045?ls=1&mt=8
CHECK OUT OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE: